Why did we wear that? Why did we take those selfies? Why did we think it was ok to mix proper English with characters on a keyboard? Seeing everybody’s time laps photos got my memory working of what the early 2000’s were like and the trends I experienced along the way.
If you can relate to the follow statements, there is a high chance you were a teenage girl between the years of 2005-2008.
- Hairstyle: Straight bangs and crunched hair
- Buy You a Drank was your song
- Only took peace sign photos with kiss lips while looking up at the ceiling
- There was no selfie on the internet without your arm in the bottom right hand side of the photo
- You remember the night that Britney Spears shaved her head and attacked a car with an umbrella
- Average attire: Flared jeans, colored / cheetah tank top with a Hollister or Abercrombie zip up jacket
- Your AIM away message was always emotionally charged
- You knew at least one person a fur hooded senior photo
- Song quotes served as the titles for your Facebook photo albums
- You wanted an Ed Hardy t-shirt SO bad
- Boys with gel in their long winged hair – swoon
- Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey were your favorite couple!
- That’s hot made its way into at least 2 out of the 5 sentences you spoke
- You perfected the art of the ‘crank dat Soulja boy’
- A Puka shell necklace was your most prized possession
No shame in the 2000s game, sistas.